Hello Moms, this week I want to share something short and sweet :0
It’s a healthy chocolate mousse recipe and it’s frequently made in our house because firstly it’s so easy to make but more importantly, it tastes so yummy!
The main ingredients include Avocados, Cacao and Coconut milk!
From my research:
- Avocados are extremely nutritious as they have healthy fats (which means they help lower bad cholesterol), they contain important minerals such as iron, copper, and potassium and are a good source of the B vitamin, folate.
- Cacao is a super nutritious as it contains antioxidants (20 times more antioxidants than blueberries), magnesium, iron, and fibre! (note I always add cacao to my daily smoothie too)
- Coconut milk also contains iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. The trace elements present in coconut milk are responsible for the regulation of electrolytes, nerve control, muscle relaxation, and the production of energy in the body.
So overall pretty nutritious!
Issey absolutely loves this dessert and I don’t mind her having it as it has lots of nice healthy ingredients and it always fills her up! It’s also a hit with the rest of the family too, they never suspect the avocado ;0
Finally, if I have nuts in the cupboard I will often roast a few and chop up and sprinkle over the top which adds another dimension 🙂
Usually, this dessert serves about 2 large portions , this is enough for our family 🙂 you may need to double up the ingredients depending on your household…
So what’s the recipe I hear you ask?!!
Here you go, the ingredients include:
- 1 large bar of good quality dark chocolate (usually buy at least 85% dark chocolate or sometimes I use vegan chocolate)
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and stone removed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 small can of coconut milk (I use organic and full fat)
- 2 large tbsp of cacao powder (I use true organic cacao powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- Start by melting the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over boiling water until fully melted and set aside
- Next add the avocado, banana, maple syrup, cacao, vanilla extract, can of coconut milk and the melted dark chocolate to the blender. (note if you ever find it’s too dry just add a little more coconut milk)
- Once blended, scoop out into dessert bowls and place in the fridge to set, I usually give it about an hour…
- Once fully set you can sprinkle some nuts (roasted cashews, almonds or hazelnuts work well) and/or berries (with some mint) over the top and serve
It’s that easy!
Other variations of this recipe include adding the juice of a freshly squeezed orange, instead of adding the banana, this also tastes really great!
So moms, please let me know if you make it and what you think… maybe you have your own tasty desserts that are a hit with your little ones if so I’d love you to share with us…
Love L X
Other Info 🙂
Approx Calories per serving: 403 based on 3 servings